Enter the TGO Challenge
3 Steps to Enter the TGO Challenge
Due to the cancellation of TGOC20 as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic all participants were offered places in either 2021 or 2022. There are however some places open to those who did not apply last year. If you are interested in coming along please read the notes below and then complete the form at the bottom of the page.
Sorry – entries for TGOC21 are now closed but the steps below will show you what you will need to do for future Challenges.
Step 1: Check your skills
Before entering the TGO Challenge you should have the following skills:
- Ability to navigate across pathless rugged terrain using map and compass (not solely reliant on GPS)
- Ability to carry personal and camping equipment and a minimum of 3 days provisions
- Previous experience of backpacking including “no trace” camping in a wild environment with no facilities
- Capacity to be self-sufficient in remote areas, including first aid skills, where help may not be easily accessible including suitable first aid skills.
- Ability to cope with Scotland’s climate which can commonly include high winds, torrential rain, rivers in spate, snow and occasionally hot sunshine!
All team members, not just the team leader, must have these skills. If you are uncertain about your skills please contact the coordinators, Sue & Ali, for advice on 01540 673360/673583 or email email@example.com.
Step 2: Read the Entry Notes: Terms and Conditions for TGOC21 and the 2021Event Details
Even if you have completed multiple crossings you must read the Entry Notes before you apply. Click here to see them. We try to keep rules to a minimum but you must agree to abide by those we have. You will be asked to confirm you have read and accepted them at the end of Entry Form.
There will be changes for 2021 due to probable Covid-19 restrictions so please check out the Event Details as well to be sure TGOC21 is right for you.
Step 3: Complete the Entry Form
To apply please complete the entry form which will appear below, in September, when we are open for entries. Should we be oversubscribed a draw will take place shortly after the closing date. The entry fee , £80 in 2021, will be requested once places are confirmed. Those unsuccessful in the draw (and any applications received after the deadline) will be placed on a reserve list as sometimes places become available during the payment process.
If this is your first Challenge you will be asked for details of your walking experience which the coordinators will assess. Occasionally we have to ask applicants to gain more experience before participating. If you are part of a group you will be asked for the names of your companions and your group leader. Each team member must complete their own form.
We look forward to seeing you on a future TGO Challenge!