Enter the TGO Challenge
3 Steps to Enter the TGO Challenge
Sorry – it is now too late to enter TGOC20 but if you are interested in the 2021 Event take a look below to see what skills you need and come back to this page in September 2020.
Step 1: Check your skills
Before entering the TGO Challenge you should have the following skills:
- Ability to navigate across pathless rugged terrain using map and compass (not solely reliant on GPS)
- Ability to carry personal and camping equipment and a minimum of 3 days provisions
- Previous experience of backpacking including “no trace” camping in a wild environment with no facilities
- Capacity to be self-sufficient in remote areas where help may not be easily accessible.
- Ability to cope with Scotland’s climate which can commonly include high winds, torrential rain, rivers in spate, snow and occasionally hot sunshine!
If you are uncertain about your skills please contact the coordinators, Sue & Ali, for advice on 01540 673360/673583 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Read the Entry Notes
Even if you have completed multiple crossings you must read the Entry Notes before you apply. Click here to see them. We try to keep rules to a minimum but you must agree to abide by those we have. You will be asked to confirm you have read and accepted them at the end of Entry Form.
Step 3: Complete the Entry Form
We will be open for entries for the 2021 Event from mid September 2020 at which point a link to the entry form will be posted on this page. If the event is oversubscribed a draw for places will take place. The entry fee (£75 per person for TGOC20) will be requested once places are confirmed in late October. Those unsuccessful in the draw and any applications received after the deadline will be excluded from the draw and be placed on a reserve list as sometimes places become available during the payment process.
If this is your first Challenge you will be asked for details of your walking experience which the coordinators will assess. Occasionally we have to ask applicants to gain more experience before participating. If you are part of a group you will be asked for the names of your companions and your group leader. Each team member must complete their own form.
We look forward to hearing from you!