Enter the 2021 TGO Challenge
3 Steps to Enter the TGO Challenge
1: Check your skills
Before entering the TGO Challenge you should have the following skills:
- Ability to navigate across pathless rugged terrain using map and compass (not solely reliant on GPS)
- Ability to carry personal and camping equipment and a minimum of 3 days provisions
- Previous experience of backpacking including “no trace” camping in a wild environment with no facilities
- Capacity to be self-sufficient in remote areas where help may not be easily accessible including suitable first aid skills.
- Ability to cope with Scotland’s climate which can commonly include high winds, torrential rain, rivers in spate, snow and occasionally hot sunshine!
All team members, not just the team leader, must have these skills. If you are uncertain about your skills please contact the coordinators, Sue & Ali, for advice on 01540 673360/673583 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Read the Entry Notes
Even if you have completed multiple crossings you must read the Entry Notes before you apply. Click Entry Notes – Terms and Conditions for TGOC21 to see them. We try to keep rules to a minimum but you must agree to abide by those we have. You will be asked to confirm you have read and accepted them at the end of Entry Form.
Step 3: Complete the Entry Form
You have until 17th November to apply for your place. Those who missed out when the 2020 Event was cancelled and those unlucky in the 2020 draw will be guaranteed places if applying before the deadline. Application from anyone else will be placed on a reserve list (as will any applications received after the deadline) and allocated any spare places after 17th November. A draw will take place if necessary. If you are likely to be away during the application process please let us know and we will hold your place. The entry fee of £80 will be requested from those who were not deferred from 2020 once places are confirmed.
If this is your first Challenge you will be asked for details of your walking experience which the coordinators will assess. Occasionally we have to ask applicants to gain more experience before participating. If you are part of a group you will be asked for the names of your companions and your group leader. Each team member must complete their own form.